Senior Data Engineer | Hybrid working | Up to £70,000
I am partnered with a trusted house hold name dedicated to building a better future, will you be part of the future or left behind?
What does the future look like...
You’ll be working within the core data team, working on projects across the business. As a Senior Data Engineer focusing on delivering solutions that leverage large scale data ingestion, processing, storage/querying, in-stream & batch analytics. As part of a team, you will deliver world-class solutions designed by our senior architects by estimating, designing, coding, testing, deploying and ensuring scalability and performance using the latest frameworks and platforms
You will need....
- Expertise with one or more of Java (preferable) and Scala programming languages
- Good experience with Data related technologies, to include Big Data and data-related Cloud services (GCP/Azure/AWS)
- Good hands-on experience in at least one distributed data processing framework e.g. Spark (Core, Streaming, SQL), Storm, Flink etc
- Good data modelling experience to address scale and read/write performance
- Hands-on working knowledge of NoSQL and MPP data platforms like Hbase, Mongo DB, Cassandra, Azure SQLDW, GCP BigQuery etc.
- Working knowledge of data platform related services on at least 1 Cloud platform to cover IAM and data security
- Hands-on skills - building DevOps pipelines for data solutions, automated testing
For a full break down of this exciting opportunity, do not hesitate to get in touch!!