Lead Developer - Central Bristol - £60,000 + Benefits
My client is currently recruiting for a Lead Developer to join a fast-growing software and infrastructure consultancy team, based in central Bristol. If you are currently a Senior Developer with 3 years experience, looking a step up or currently in a similar role looking for more of a challenge, this role is just what you are looking for.
Within this company you will have the opportunity to work with the latest developing technologies, tools and processes. The typical application technology includes a PHP backend, React front-end, PostgreSQL, and where suitable, Redis, Elasticsearch and RabbitMQ.
As the Lead developer you will be responsible for the following:
- Leading the requirements gathering, researching and conceiving of new web applications
- Developing and maintaining medium to large scale web applications either within a small team or on your own.
- Help ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Assisting and mentoring team members
- Leading improvements to the tools and processes used by the team, while ensuring that knowledge is shared
- Assisting with the recruitment of new developers as the company continues to grow
- Occasionally attending client meetings and liaising with account managers throughout projects
Skills / experience required:
- A minimum of 3 years demonstrable commercial experience in a similar role or a senior development role
- Full-stack development skills, extensive experience in PHP with MySQL/MariaDB or PostgreSQL
- Strong knowledge of modern PHP 7 development, object-oriented design patterns, PHP frameworks (Symfony or Laravel), and test-driven development
- Enthusiasm for all aspects of development and problem solving, and keen to learn and share knowledge
- A highly driven working attitude and high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain issues clearly and simply, both verbally and in writing
Being part of this team you will receive a competitive salary with regular reviews, along with a discretionary bonus scheme, extra discretionary holidays, annual development budget for conferences and / or courses.
To apply to this role, email me email@example.com OR 0117 450 7705