Business Solution Manager/Project Manager
The Business Solutions Manager is responsible for managing change and problem management for all territories supported by IT. Working with project managers to deliver key strategic projects and working with the Business Solutions Manager to manage other smaller change requests.
Behaviours and Competencies
- Review possible solutions
- Define scope and requirements
- Presenting recommendations
- Required to support commercial analysis and business case generation as required from IT to support future projects and initiatives
- Isolating key issues and formulating resolutions to problems.
- Achievement of personal development objectives
- Responsible for all International 3rd line IT incidents/problems and resolution
- High levels of personal integrity when conducting the professional affairs of the business when dealing with sensitive and confidential data relating to risks and costs
- Calmness and clarity of thought while under pressure
- The ability to uphold the goals and culture of the business
- An understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward those objectives
- Openness to, and the ability to deal with, rapid change in business needs, processes and technologies
- Have a full driving license
- Be prepared to travel abroad and spend significant time away from home
- Ability to communicate, both verbal and written, with all levels of the organisation
Key interfaces and relationships:
- Business Solution Managers and Team Leaders
- Wider IT department
- External 3rd party providers
- Cross functional projects teams
- Department leads liaising with Retail
- Retail Management both UK and International
- International Directors
Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities/ Actions:
- Work with Project owners to plan and execute projects, ensuring that teams have appropriate requirements, direction and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that project remain on target to meet deadlines
- Work with Project teams to understand the system functionality and non-functional requirements for all business areas
- Ensuring that changes are appropriately tested and managed through the Change Control Process, working with the change and transition team
- Acting as an incident manager if International application issues are encountered
- Working with external vendors to ensure change is delivered on time and incidents are resolved quickly.
- Representing the IT Department as required at project and other meetings.
- Arranging system downtime where necessary to upgrade or housekeep the systems as appropriate
- Ensure that test and Quality Assurance (QA) environments are available and maintained appropriately
- Manage test and QA environment use in line with colleagues and their requirements.
- Performing briefings to business colleagues and IT Management as required on project works and systems changes.
- Work with IT colleagues to reduce repeat calls.
- Work to achieve values
- Provides support in a customer service oriented manner to internal users
- Gathers requirements from internal departments for changes to application portfolio
- Must readily comply with departmental and country-wide policies and procedures
- Related special projects as assigned
- Responsible for maintaining a business relationship with key International colleagues
- Responsible for maintaining the international IT portfolio
- Responsibly for providing regular updates on the international IT portfolio