HR Business Partner
In a nutshell….
My Client is looking for a resilient Senior HR Advisor/HR Business Partner reporting to the Head of HR to join their growing HR function. The Senior HR Advisor/HR Business Partner will play an important role in partnering with key stake holders across the Head Office.
A typical day will involve managing a variety of employee relations case work, coaching managers and providing advice and guidance. You should also be confident, enthusiastic and self-motivating go getter. You will have experience in mentoring and supporting managers or staff in achieving optimum performance. You will need to have a proven track record as a HR Advisor or HR Generalist, within in a fast-paced commercial environment. You will have a proactive and positive attitude as you will be involved with their continuous improvement agenda. In addition, a pragmatic and commercial approach will be required to drive real value
Duties and responsibilities:
• Act as a specialist adviser and expert on all employee relations issues, to ensure successful and timelyresolution and mitigation of risk
• Assist in driving internal HR process improvement and support the Head of HR on operational optimisation across the business
• Building and managing relations with all internal and external stakeholders to provide a proactive exceptional customer service, ensuring a positive image and awareness of the company is promoted
at all times
• Partnering with other members of the HR team to ensure that outputs are delivered in line with stakeholders’ expectations
• Deliver training on workforce issues including company policies, performance management and appraisal processes
• Drive initiatives on staff engagement
• Utilise the in-house HR system to its full capacity
• Analyse data of HR reports to gain greater insight into the trends and to support continuous improvement in the management and monitoring of sickness absence, performance, retention etc. Pro-actively provide appropriate recommendations to line managers to address identified issues
• Conduct exit interviews and analyse any actions that need to be addressed
• To look for opportunities to improve internal processes/services and work with the appropriate people to implement these changes
• Mentor junior members of the HR team
• Support on the research, design and implementation of a range of people-focused HR project work/initiatives such as wellbeing and management development
Essential Skills and Experience:
• CIPD Qualified or equivalent experience
• Strong employee relations background (disciplinary, grievance, sickness, absence, performance management.
• Previous experience working in a fast-paced, highly responsive and highly professional environment
• Good client handling skills - essential
• Awareness of multi-location cultural differences – beneficial
• Good general knowledge of all key aspects of employment law
• Good MS Office Skills
• Resilient personality and confident communicator
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving performance driven environment
• Ability to influence
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritising your workload accordingly
• Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must be a team player but also able to work on own initiative and think creatively
• Tact and discretion - the ability to work within the boundaries of confidentiality
Strings to your bow...
• Worked into a Head of HR before
• Confident working with senior management and ‘managing up’
• Previous experience of working in a Group
• Operationally strong but with an understanding/some experience of generalist HR
Key internal relationships:
It would be expected that the above role would interact closely with the HR team and key internal clients.