HGV Mechanic / Technician
Bristol £14 P/H (£30K +)
My client is a family firm looking for a HGV Mechanic / Technician to join their team. Ideally as a Technician / Mechanic you will come from a Motor Vehicle Mechanic/ Technician background with an industry recognised qualification and a minimum of 2 years experience, or alternatively be able to demonstrate a proven track record of commercial vehicle repair.
- Carry out routine inspections, maintenance, servicing and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to VOSA standard.
- Carry out a wide range of defect repairs from replacing a bulb to replacing brake discs and pads etc.
- Fault diagnostic and rectification using the latest manufacturers computer systems and tooling.
- Complete job cards and service sheets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Able to multi skill and have a flexible approach to working hours.
- Full UK driving license is essential. Ideally also with a HGV Class 1 (not essential).
- Team player.
- Excellent timekeeping.
- Ability to work underpressure.
- Overtime available.
- Pension Scheme.
- 20 days (plus bank holidays) leave.
- £14 P/H (£30K +)
Full time. (Mon – Fri) Flexible hours 7:00 - 17:00 or 6:00 -16:00 (with overtime & Saturdays available)
My client are a very busy & growing company and during busy periods working hours could be longer, therefore flexibility and commitment is essential.