Our client one of Bristol's most recognised and successful Traffic Management organisations is seeking a highly competent and experienced individual to manage a large number of sites and people.
Key responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager:
· Partner with the construction and traffic management teams to lead on safety across all highway and construction projects
· Create, implement and monitor health and safety policies and site-based management systems.
· Set and monitor company strategies and objectives to create a positive health and safety culture.
· Deliver and schedule health and safety inspections, audits and reviews of highway/construction projects including safety-management of subcontractors
· Provision of Construction Phase Plans and Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS)
Essential experience and qualifications for the Health and Safety Manager:
· Minimum of NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent and ideally GradIOSH (Graduate Membership of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health)
· Strong communication skills and the ability to influence and engage with people at all levels from Board Members and Directors, through to Site Operatives.
· Previous experience in a similar role, from within the construction or a related industry
· Strong time management and organisational skills
Any interested individuals are requested to send a full and up to date copy of their CV.