Devops infrastructure lead
My Clients IT systems provide high-availability payment services to thousands of corporate clients across Europe and the rest of the world.
Their stack is based on Linux, Mysql and Ruby on Rails, with some Redis, Sidekiq also in the mix. Their servers are distributed across two data centres with replication and failover provision for DR.
I am currently recruiting for an experienced DevOps engineer to head up our infrastructure team.
• Oversee our automated deployment and QA process
• Work with our data centre provider and network engineer / sysadmin team to provision and maintain our fleet of VMs across two data centres
• Monitor, maintain and improve our database replication network
• Oversee system health and availability monitoring
• Triage and resolve infrastructure issues in production, working with the network and sysadmin team as required
• Oversee and maintain our client and vendor interfaces, monitoring availability and trouble-shooting issues
• Work with our existing network engineer / sysadmin team to validate and document security policies
• Lead responsibility for all IT infrastructure, including servers, desktops/laptops (MacOS), phones, Asterisk PBX, office routers, switches etc.
• Analyse and improve our documented processes around infrastructure provisioning
• Recruiting / outsourcing and managing additional resources to build out the infrastructure team to support the above
• At least three years experience in a similar role
• Familiarity with the Ruby on Rails ecosystem, Linux, Mysql and Capistrano • Solid Ruby, Bash and SQL scripting skills
• Solid Linux sysadmin skills
• Self-starter who can resolve problems and work independently
• Leadership experience in recruiting and managing a small team
• Team player able to work with other departments and report to the management team